Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Kindergarteners in the beginning! Ughhh!!!

I have been working with Kindergarteners for about fifteen years now, and there is nothing that I dread more than those first few weeks of art class with them. They are preschoolers still. They do not understand routines or directions yet, so everything I do is in babysteps. I love them though!! They are so stinkin' cute!! I start off my year, as most art teachers probably do, by talking about the basic elements of line, shape, color and pattern. We start with line and create an oil pastel line design containing the nine line of: straight, curved, wavy, spiral, dotted, dashed, zig-zag, bumpy, and curly. We wash them with watercolors to give a colorful effect. Secondly I talk about shape and we create a shape picture by using pre-cut shapes from found objects. These are colored with crayon. I then move into pattern. This lesson I change sometimes, so I am going to try something new on Pinterest that I found. I have attached some pictures of the line and shape lessons.





No comments:

Post a Comment