Wednesday, October 15, 2014

First Grade Laurel Burch Cats

I have always had very successful Laurel Burch projects with my fourth graders, but I decided this year to try it with my First graders.  We went to Laurel Burches website and looked at her work, and I told the students a modified story of what happened in her life.  The students found it very interesting that she was sick with a bone disease yet she loved to paint such colorful art.
We had a practice day of drawin cats in her style and they created some thumbnails of cats with different personalities.  They loved this!  The second day we moved on to drawing their good copy on 12x 18 paper.  They then outlined everything in oil pastel and painted it with watercolors.  Of course we talked about emotions, patterns, etc!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment