Monday, September 22, 2014

Summer was so fast this year!!!!

Wow! Time flies and I havent updated here since February. I wanted to share some new ideas I had this year. First off is my door outside. My theme is "Arty Party" this year, so my door shares the theme. This ties into my beginning of the year assignment. I always like the students to work on something to decorate the artroom. A few years ago I did the triangular flags. This year I decided to do circles. The students traced a plate to get the circle and were allowed to decorate it however they wanted. They could divide up the circle or they could use the entire thing. Designs could be realistic or abstract. I like to do this to just get the creative energy started after summer break. Its pretty basic but I like to have them help with decorating the school/room. I also am putting up photos of a few things around the room that I have. My paintbrush is new. I found a similar idea on Pinterest and changed it a bit. I also have a Principles/Elements board. I have also shown how I had the fifth graders a few years back work in small groups to paint the blocks behind my sink area. This eliminates the dirty look behind them! Lastly I put up an art vocabulary board. As we learn new words we add them to the board. They kids get excited to remind me when new words are discussed and to put them up!








No comments:

Post a Comment